Title: Arborist Crew Leader
Date Listed: 02/22/2017
Application Deadline: 05/31/2017
Reports to: Arborist Rep
Primary Duties: Bartlett Tree Experts is currently searching for experienced climbers/crew leaders.
- Supervises and manages tree care crew while performing all aspects of tree care services, as directed by the arborist representative or local manager
- Understands and demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of the ground person and climber positions
- Participates in all on site JSSA briefings
- Reviews scope of work and safety issues with the arborist representative prior to beginning each work assignment
- Ensures that each crew member is trained appropriately for each designated job assignment
- Participates in and conducts all job site safety briefings with crew members
- Ensures that all crew members utilize all required personal protective equipment
- Understands and instructs crew members on proper job site security procedures
- Ensures that crew members conduct tree risk assessments prior to working on trees
- Ensures that all tree care work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards
- Ensures that all equipment safety and maintenance procedures are followed
- Performs administrative functions pertaining to crew management
- Interacts with clientele in order to help ensure job satisfaction
- Understands financial aspects of each job assignment
- Supervises all crew members during the performance of all assigned work
- Ensures that crew members develop an understanding of plant health care procedures
- Leads by example
- Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day
- Follows directions from the arborist representative and local manager
- Ensures that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to
- Participates in all safety training sessions offered, asks questions, and improves job safety skills
- Communicates well with all crew members and crew leader
- Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility
The ideal candidates will have 2 yrs experience climbing with rope and saddle in the tree care industry.
We are looking for candidates who are looking for a long term career with a company.
Industry Diploma or Certification
Bartlett Tree Experts has been in business for over 106 years. We are the largest family owned tree care company in the USA. with over 80 offices in the USA. We pride ourselves in offering scientific tree care and have unmatched resources with the Bartlett Tree Research Laboratory. If you are someone who is looking for upward mobility and a long term future with a great company, then send us your resume.
We offer competitive compensation & benefits.
OPPORTUNITY GROWS ON TREES!
Equal Opportunity Employer
$300 Health Care Spending Account
Bartlett Tree Experts provides additional benefits that include continuing education opportunities, monthly performance bonus, annual safety bonus and an annual boot allowance
To submit your résumé, you can do any of the following:
- Apply online
- Fax your résumé to
« View All Currently Available Positions
Bartlett Tree Experts
P.O. Box 3067
Stamford, CT 06905